Tofu & Mushrooms Marsala
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic c cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Marsala wine
- 1 cake firm tofu (about 16 ounces), cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 10 ounces moonlight or Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 14-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf of crusty bread
- In a pot on medium heat, cook the garlic in the oil just until it sizzles.
- Immediately add the bell peppers, oregano, and salt.
- Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add the Marsala and the tofu and cook on high heat for 4 minutes to reduce the wine a bit.
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with plenty of crusty bread to soak up the flavorful broth.