Pasta Primavera Salad
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 pound pasta (shells or short tubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (12 ounces)
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup green peas
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil and 1 tablespoon olive oil or 4 tablespoons Pesto Genovese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (1 ½ ounces)
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta al dente; drain it and rinse with cold water.
- Sauté the garlic in olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and cook on medium heat until just tender; remove from the heat.
- Steam the asparagus and peas until tender.
- Toss all the vegetables with the pasta; add the rest of the ingredients and toss well.
- Serve at room temperature on lettuce, with extra Parmesan.
Reprinted from New Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant, Copyright © 1987 by Moosewood, Inc., Ten Speed Press, publishers.