Prep time: 15 mins; Freezing time: 4 hours
Hands-on time just before serving: 10 mins
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- Peel and pit the mangoes and cut them into chunks.
- Place the mangoes in the bowl of a food processor, add the coconut milk and sugar, and whirl until smooth.
- Ladle or pour the puree into two ice cube trays.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, release the frozen cubes and allow them to soften at room temperature for about 5 minutes. (They should be soft enough to facilitate pureeing, but not melted.)
- Puree in a food processor until smooth, in batches if necessary.
- Keep the frozen cubes in a freezer bag until ready to serve.
Planning Tip: the sorbet puree can be made ahead, frozen in cubes, and kept in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.