Luscious, smooth mangoes are the base for a sauce that manages to tantalize all the taste buds; sweet, sour, spicy, and pungent.
Yields 2 1/2 cups.
Preparation time 10 mins; Sitting Time 10 mins; Total Time 20 mins
- 2 medium ripe mangoes
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- ½ - 1 small fresh chile pepper, minced, or Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Peel and chop the mangoes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mangoes, cucumber, tomato, lime juice, salt, chile or Tabasco, and optional cilantro.
- Let the salsa sit for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend before serving.
- Mango Salsa keeps, refrigerated, for 2 or 3 days.