A lusty dressing for ardent lovers of blue (no matter how you spell it) cheese. Try this on the Blue Max Sandwich.
Yields a generous 2 1/2 cups
Blue Cheese Dressing
Recipe type: dressing, condiment
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 6-8 ounces blue cheese
- 1½ cups sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup milk or yogurt
- Put all the ingredients except a third of the blue cheese in a blender or food processor.
- Blend to a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Crumble the remaining blue cheese and stir it into the dressing.
- Refrigerated and tightly covered, Blue Cheese Dressing will stay fresh for 4 or 5 days. Try it as a dip, as well as on salads.