We serve this very popular drink hot in winter and with ice in warm weather. Spicy, invigorating ginger is esteemed as an aid to good digestion, as an anti-inflammatory agent, and for its warming effect. We make Ginger Orange Tea with freshly squeezed orange and lemon juice.
- 1 rounded tablespoon grated peeled ginger root
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey or Agave syrup
- In a small saucepan, bring the grated ginger and water to almost boiling, then cover and steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Use a fine-meshed strainer to strain the ginger tea, pressing the liquid out of the grated ginger with the back of a spoon.
- Stir together the orange juice, lemon juice, honey, and ginger tea.
- Reheat for a hot beverage or chill and add ice.