Recipe type: Main dish; fish
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 pounds fish fillets
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 large garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups canned whole tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley
- Arrange the fish in an oiled baking dish.
- Salt it lightly and sprinkle with a few teaspoons of the lemon juice. Chill.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, chili powder, ground cloves, cumin, and coriander in the olive oil until the onions are translucent, taking care not to burn the spices.
- Add the tomatoes, honey, olives, and the remaining lemon juice and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the fish, top it with chopped parsley, and bake at 350° until it is tender, 20 to 30 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.