This is a colorful salsa that is easy to make and brimming with sunny flavors. We’ve got sweet corn and ripe tomatoes in July and August out here. Don’t miss the incredible taste of fresh ingredients in season.
This will keep for 2 or 3 days but is best served the day it’s made.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
Preparation time: 15 to 20 minutes
Sitting time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced red onions
- ¼ cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ½ to 1 fresh green chile, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Blanch the corn in boiling water to cover for 1 to 2 minutes, until just tender.
- Drain. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and set aside for 15 to 20 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
- Add salt, if desired, and serve at room temperature.
PER 3 25-OZ SERVING: 38 CALORIES, 1 3 G PROTEIN, 5 G FAT, 8 8 G CARBOHYDRATES, .1 G SATURATED FATTY ACIDS, .2 G POLYUNSATURATED FATTY ACIDS, .1 G MONOUNSATURATED FATTY ACIDS, 0 MG CHOLESTEROL, 34 MG SODIUM, 1.4 G TOTAL DIETARY FIBER