Simple and zesty, this favorite everyday dressing with its basic olive oil and fresh lemon juice underpinning is highlighted by garlic, thyme, and black pepper. The mustard adds just the right amount of pungency. Vary the fresh green herb to suit your fancy and to complement most favorably the dish you’re making. Use with your favorite freshest salad greens and veggies.
Yields about 1 1/4 cups
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme (1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon, basil, or dill (1 teaspoon dried)
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- Place all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously to blend.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later use.
- Our vinaigrette will keep in a closed container in the refrigerator for about 1 month. Shake well before using.